Saturday, February 11, 2012

Martha Stewart Stencil on Canvas

 Hello Friends!
I have been away from blogging. I have a hard time consistently blogging because I have a job where my schedule constantly changes! Today I am sharing my ugly abstract paintings I made last year. Here they are *shudder*

My apartment is a beige box! Beige carpet and walls!  So when I moved in last year I wanted a quick, cheap and easy fix to the boring walls. Needless to say they are ugly! So I decided they needed some updating.
  I have a brown sofa and love seat and accents of teal around the apartment. I wanted to keep the colour combo.
 Firstly, I painted the old canvas beige...I know more beige! I needed a plain background for the teal colour. I bought the Martha Stewart stencil package called arabesque. I got it at Michaels on sale for $22 which was fantastic!
 Here is after the first couple of attempts. The Stencils worked great and I was really liking what it was turning out as.
 I used Martha Stewart's stencil brushes and I highly recommend them. They made the task so easy!
 Here is the after photo! I like these so much better than the other ones! What do you think?
Here's a last little close up.

8 comments:

  1. I love the stencils, the touch of other colors give it something extra. I've seen the stencil pattern in fabric somewhere that would look great as throw pillows or lampshades.
    Thanks for sharing....
    Diddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's me again, I found you through Linky followers but don't find your widget to follow you. I'm following on Google Friends Connect but I understand that's being phased out eventually. I's love it if you followed me on my site, I have a widget. It's citicasita.blogspot .com.
    If you need info on how to get the widget let me know, I'll show you. You can still follow on GFC.Well I can't show you, but you know what I mean. Ha Ha....Diddie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. I love the new ones.I am now following you on Linky Follower. I would love it if you followed me back.I always enjoy meeting new Bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excited to find you via the Linky Blog Hop! I'm a new follower! Hope you can come visit mine: http://www.eccentricleopard.com/ - Tera

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow..You must just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great save! Really looks good. DIY projects are THE best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how they turned out!! Especially the little bit of other colors you added!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you did an amazing job! I love the colors, and the stencil you used. Thanks for visiting me. I'm happily following along!! :)

    ReplyDelete