I acquired this plant stand a year ago and couldn't decide to paint or refinish it. I delayed on it for a long time and finally decided I didn't want to have to strip the spiral. I am lazy and didn't want all the work it entailed. So I decided on painting! First thing I had to do was secure the base. This piece is old and the base was wobbly. I drilled four holes in the bottom and then put some screws in to hold it in place. I also used glue for added support.
I then sanded the glue and started to paint. I put one coat of Paloma ASCP and then one coat of Old White ASCP. I then sanded and distressed the piece. I finished it off with clear wax.
Here it is!