Thursday, June 20, 2013

Old Wooden Bowl Refinished


I have been de-cluttering my parents basement lately. My father passed away over six months ago and he loved to keep tools and garage sale finds down there. It is an emotional experience as it can bring tears and laughter throughout the process. I recently found this old wooden bowl which is in desperate need of a refinish. It is in good condition otherwise.
 
 
 
Here is the underside before:
 
Here it is before:
I used Miss Mustard Seed's Hemp oil Wood Finish to give it more of a healthy look. It is perfectly safe for surfaces that will come in contact with food. It is also 100% VOC free.
 

Here is a picture of the bowl halfway through the process. I just simple put some oil on a clean rag and rubbed it into the wood. The right side of the bowl has the oil on it.

Here it is after a week of the oil being put on:





























The oil has been absorbed into the wood and has a much healthier look.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment