Saturday, April 12, 2014

Refinished East Lake chair

Hello friends!
My mother has had this old east lake chair in her basement for awhile. I have always wanted to refinish it but have been to scared to tackle it. I never wanted to destroy a nice chair, but once the veneer was coming off in places I knew I couldn't make it worse. I decided I would paint it as I said the veneer was coming off in places.  Here it is before I did anything. The maroon crush velvet fabric definitely date this piece.


I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Paris grey followed by a coat of ASCP country grey. I used ASCP clear wax to provide a durability to this piece. I used fabric I bought last year in michigan. 

I then had to cover up my staples with braid. I tried to closely match my colour of grey in the fabric to the braid colour. This isn't an easy task as there are so many different shade and undertones to grey. 
Anyways here is my first reupholstered chair!


I'm in love with it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment