Saturday, April 5, 2014

A vintage Disney nursery for my nephew

Happy weekend friends! 
I hope you are all enjoying your spring weather that has finally started to appear. Last week I gave you a sneak peak at my Nephews nursery. The theme started with the vintage map of Walt Disney world my sister purchased at a flea market a couple of years ago. She got it framed and mounted in red. It was a great piece as there are so many different colours to pull from it. We repurposed furniture her husband and her had in their extra bedroom and office by painting them. I painted a dresser and bedside table in ASCP's Emperors silk and finished with a clear wax. These two pieces turned out great as the colour really pops against the grey walls. The colour of the walls is CIL zeppelin from Home Depot. The change table is an old washstand my mom had got from my grandfather when he owned an antique store. He had refinished it thirty or more years ago. I painted the bottom in ASCP's old white and kept my grandfathers finish on the top. My sister added some accents from IKEA in the baskets and children's coat rack.





No comments:

Post a Comment