Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Auction find/perk

Hello!
My mother went to an auction a couple of weeks ago and wanted to buy an old washboard. The washboard however was in a lot with this stand thingy. It was okay, but not too attractive. She offered it to me to make it over.
This is it before.

Here is a picture of it after.

Here is what I did. On the tall side I used Chalkboard paint in dark gray. The chalkboard paint company is called Hudson Paints and  they have a wide range of colours in Chalkboard paint. I used Annie Sloan Chalk paint in old white. I sanded the corners then I used clear wax and then a bit of dark wax.




I used Martha Stewart stencils: Flourish with Emile and Louis Blue Annie Sloan Chalk paint.

Here is the package of Martha Stewart stencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment